There are quite a few things that I am utterly obsessed with at the moment…
And yerba mate tea. Ooh how I love mate tea.
- ½ of a star anise star
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole white peppercorns
- 1 cardamon pod opened to the seeds
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, mashed
- 3 cups water
- 2 heaping tablespoons of yerba mate tea (or another tea of your choice)
- 3 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- In a small saucepan, add spices and water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 5 - 20 minutes, depending on how strong you want the spice flavor to be.
- Add almond milk to the water and spices. Bring the milk and spice mixture just to a boil and remove from heat. Add the tea and let steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Add sweetener to taste, if desired. Strain into a pot and serve warm.