2. Clean Food, Revised Edition: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source by Terry Walters
Clean Food was one of the first cookbooks I bought and I’ve used it almost every week in my kitchen since. Terry Walters’ recipes are beautiful, simple, and delicious. I rarely have to adapt Terry’s recipes because they all involve ingredients I actually use and feel good about. If you are looking for an all-around fabulous cookbook, this one is a wonderful and would be perfect for any home chef. (plant-based/vegan and gluten-free)
Heidi is the voice behind 101 Cookbooks and is an inspiration when it comes to creative, healthy recipes. This book would be the perfect gift for someone looking to incorporate more vegetarian meals into their diet while experimenting with new flavors and cooking techniques. (vegetarian)
7. Crazy Sexy Kitchen: 150 Plant-Empowered Recipes to Ignite a Mouthwatering Revolution by Kris CarrJust like everything else that Kris Carr does, this cookbook is absolutely beautiful. She starts the book by covering all the basics of moving towards a plant-based lifestyle along with helpful tips for those who might be new to cooking and/or preparing meatless dishes. It’s filled with fun, beautiful recipes that reflect her personality and, of course, it’s loaded with kale. (plant-based/vegan with gluten-free options)
Christy is a vegan macrobiotic chef and I love her emphasis on creating bliss in the kitchen. This book walks you through the basics of how to create the ideal kitchen space and pantry and has over 175 recipes using seasonal, plant-based ingredients. I also love Christy’s health tips (like the benefits of eating less onions) and her approach to moderation when making any dietary change. (plant-based/vegan with gluten-free options)What are your favorite cookbooks?
- Get your FREE Handy Guide To Produce to jumpstart your cooking!
- FREE weekly recipes & healthy living tips!
- PLUS discounts & giveaways on health & wellness goodies!