Do you have a special video gamer in your life? I do. And because of this relationship, I am always the first one to know about new video games, new video game accessories, and what’s happening with Angry Birds. This kind of information isn’t my cup of tea. I couldn’t tell you the difference between a PlayStation or an Xbox to save my life. (And please, whatever you do, don’t explain it to me… again.)
I recently learned that they are now making iPhone games with zombies chasing you to encourage people to run. The funny thing is that they are hoping it will specifically encourage video gamers to be more active. Wouldn’t it be easier just to go for a jog… without the app? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for helping anyone to be more active and have a healthier lifestyle. I just have to shake my head at the fact that zombies are the new fitness motivation. I mean, if we have to make an app, wouldn’t it be scarier for you to have to outrun Richard Simmons? That guy is fast.
To be completely honest, I’m a little scared of what they will think of next. I have a feeling it will be a game where you have to eat your broccoli before the zombies eat you. But, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. Just make this salad, offer them a bite, and the undead will realize that between you and the broccoli, they’d rather take the broccoli. (I hope.)
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup cashews (raw or roasted)
- a few thin slices of raw red onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Steam the broccoli florets for 1 - 2 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Mix the tahini, olive oil, salt, and garlic together. Mix with the broccoli. Toss in the cashews and onions (if desired) and top with sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes (if using).