Let’s get real: mornings are hard.
I tend to be a morning person, but since I live on the West Coast and work East Coast hours (hello 6 am!) getting my brain going first thing in the morning can sometimes be a challenge.
In my recent quest to give up coffee (yet again), I’ve gone back to becoming a regular green tea drinker. I know that many of you are tea drinkers as well so when The Republic of Tea reached out to me to ask me test their new line of green teas I couldn’t be more excited to try ’em and report back to you.
Here’s the low-down on their 4 new organic blends:
1. Immunity SuperGreen Tea (for wellness)
Green tea contains antioxidants known as catechins, which have an immune-boosting effect. The addition of echinacea and elderflower makes this tea a must-have both in sickness and in health.
2. Brain Boost SuperGreen Tea (for memory)
Both green tea and matcha contain caffeine, which help stimulate the mind and energize the body. By adding in ginkgo biloba, this blend is designed to sharpen memory and clear mental fog.
3. Serenity SuperGreen Tea (for stress)
Green tea is revered for its ability to cope with internal and external stress. Combined with organic herbs like lavender and holy basil, this calming tea will help relax the body and mind.
4. Lean SuperGreen Tea (for weight loss)
Green tea is known to boost metabolism. By adding garcinia cambogia and cinnamon — which suppress appetite, help the body burn fat and regulate blood sugar levels — this tea is designed for those trying to reach their weight goals.
After trying a few cups, I seriously fell in love with these teas. Here’s why:
1. They taste amazing and they don’t have that bitter green tea taste!! C’mon, you gotta know what I’m talking about. You know sometimes when you have a cup of green tea and it’s really bitter? That bugs me.
I know sometimes bitter flavors in green tea can be due to user error of brewing (improper water temperature, steeping too long, etc), but I often have a hard time finding green tea of high quality unless I’m purchasing looseleaf.
However, these teas honestly knocked my socks off! Each of the blends were delicious and I would definitely purchase them in the future.
2. I love the uniqueness and creativity of each of the blends. It’s pretty obvious that I’m a huge matcha fan, but I love that these teas also combine herbs with the green tea for function and flavor.
For the past week, I’ve started my morning with a warm cup of the brain boost tea, enjoyed a cup of the lean green tea with lunch, and then had a cup of the serenity blend in the early afternoon. I also tried the immunity blend over the weekend to help me ward off a potential cold.
Overall, I felt that the teas gave me a great energy boost without any of the jittery side effects of caffeine. I also liked that the lean green tea contained cinnamon because it definitely helped to keep my blood sugar more stable after eating and I have a hunch this tea would be great for helping to ward off cravings as well.
3. And finally, I really like the packaging! I know this may seem silly, but I love how pretty the containers are and they look absolutely adorable on my tea shelf. Plus, they seal nicely so they’re great for keeping the tea fresh.