I think it’s pretty obvious in reading my blog that I love cooking with fresh, seasonal ingredients and eating a delicious meal is one of the highlights of my day. However, there are also weeks where work is hectic, I’m dealing with multiple projects and tight deadlines, and the last thing I want to do is think about what I’m going to cook for dinner. Can you relate?
This is where my BFF Sun Basket comes in.
If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you have probably heard me bragging about Sun Basket before because I’ve been a customer of theirs for over a year now, as well as an affiliate partner. Not only do I love the fact that they create access to local, organic farm-fresh food for thousands of families, but I love the simplicity and convenience of their healthy meal service.
Here’s how it works:
- Sun Basket is a weekly delivery of fresh, pre-measured ingredients and recipes to make 3 meals. All produce is organic, seasonal, and sustainably sourced from the country’s top farms. Their boxes include grass-fed, antibiotic-free pastured meats & sustainable seafood from ranchers & fishermen.
- Each week you choose 3 recipes for 2 or 4 people (at $11.49 per meal). They offer a variety of meal plans, including Chef’s Choice, Paleo, Gluten-free and Vegetarian, as well as breakfast options. And, all recipes are developed by award–winning California chef Justine Kelly and nutritionist approved.
- You can skip a week or cancel at any time — there’s no committment! (Plus, if you’re not happy for some reason they offer a 100% money back guarantee on all food.)
- The box is delivered straight to your door and are packed to stay fresh for 8 hours after delivery.
- Sun Basket currently ships to the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, UT, VA, WA, WV, WY, VT, & parts of AR
And here’s why Sun Basket is my secret to sanity:
1. It saves me so much time and decreases my stress.
Even though I work closely with food, there are weeks where I’m simply too busy to cook or just would like a break from the regular grocery shopping, meal planning, or cooking.
But – what’s the other option? Unhealthy take-out? Driving out of my way to Whole Foods to get something from the deli? Skipping dinner altogether? Nope! This is exactly why Sun Basket is the secret to my sanity.
When I know I have a busy week coming up, I’ll order one of Sun Basket’s boxes and come home to find the ingredients ready at my door – along with the full recipe. It can’t get any easier than this! And, in the interest of self-care, I have occasionally been known to turn on a podcast and enjoy a glass of wine while cooking. 😉 Not having to do any of the planning or prep makes it so much easier and it actually makes cooking during a busy week doable and enjoyable. If you want to eat healthier, but don’t have the time or energy to cook every meal from scratch, I think Sun Basket can help you too.
2. It’s flexible.
Since I run a food blog, write cookbooks, and do freelance recipe development work, there are weeks where I don’t need meals delivered. So, I log into my account, cancel the delivery for the upcoming week, and don’t have to worry about it again. I love that their service is flexible and doesn’t have any requirements. If you travel frequently or don’t need meals delivered every week – no problem! Sun Basket has a lot of options for those who do want meals every week, as well as flexibility for those who don’t.
3. It helps to create equality in my relationship.
Maybe this sounds like a weird benefit, but in my mind, it’s a huge deal that because of Sun Basket I can rope my partner into cooking for us. Does anyone else have the challenge of being the sole person to do the grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking?
I don’t usually mind this, and given my work it actually makes a lot of sense for me to be in charge of these things, but it’s also really hard for my partner to step in and help because they’re not used to having to be the one to do the shopping, meal prep, or cooking. However, it’s pretty darn easy when someone hands you a bag of pre-measured ingredients along with a recipe card! So, ladies (and gentlemen), if you’re tired of being the ones always doing the cooking – Sun Basket is seriously a game-changer. 😉
If you’re interested in trying Sun Basket out for yourself click here to get $30 off your first Sun Basket order!