The doomsday is approaching us, people.
The bright side of this is that we all have three weeks to get out there and live it up before we have to part ways with sun, sandals, and summer salads. Oh how I’ll miss the salads.
The other piece of good news is that I discovered one of the most refreshing and delicious drinks I’ve had all summer.
What’s been keeping you hydrated this season? Besides good, old-fashioned agua, I’ve been a huge fan of iced chamomile tea, fresh coconut water, fresh vegetable juice, and green smoothies. Last summer I kept my freezer stocked with these little goodies, but I’ve been a little lax in my popsicle-making duties this year. So, when you’re in a pinch and you have to have a tasty cold little treat, the slushie becomes your next best friend.
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- 16 ounces sparkling water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more to taste)
- Pulse ice in blender until pebble-sized. Add fruit and continue to pulse until it reaches a slushy texture. (You want the ice and fruit to be crushed, but you don't want it to be melted into water.) Add sparkling water, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Stir and serve.
- Get your FREE Handy Guide To Produce to jumpstart your cooking!
- FREE weekly recipes & healthy living tips!
- PLUS discounts & giveaways on health & wellness goodies!