Summer is here and I could not be any more excited. After months and months of grey, rainy days, this Seattleite is getting her sun on! And, in order to help me make the most of the summer months, I decided to create a bucket list of all the fun things I want to do this season!
So let’s get to it!
Summer Bucket List 2017:
- Rock beachy hair. After all, I pretty much live for the warm months so I can retire my blow dryer and pretend that I have naturally wavy hair (this DIY beachy spray is the key.)
- Drink lots of sparkling water. I can’t decide whether mango or coconut is my favorite flavor of La Croix, but let’s just be honest… they’re all pretty amazing, right?
- Turn 32. There’s something terrifying about turning the age that your mother was when she had you. Don’t get me wrong, I consider myself to be a responsible adult and all, but not to the point that I should be responsible for the life of another human being. Especially, when you consider the fact that I will probably spend this birthday the same way I did my 30th: making party hats for my cats. #CatMom4Life
- Take a much-needed vacation. I’m super excited to visit the Gorge Amphitheater for the first time and spend a long weekend enjoying the sunshine, good music, and (hopefully) some good food!
- Wear my new white tennis shoes. This summer I decided to finally get over my fear of dirtying my white tennis shoes and just enjoy ’em! (And I realized that as long as I clean them every couple of wears they stay pretty nice. Phew!)
- Farmers markets, fresh basil, and local cherries. I’m drooling already.
- Move apartments. Okay, this one isn’t necessarily fun, but it’s definitely necessary. After two and half years of living in my little old apartment, it’s time to say goodbye. As heartbreaking as this is, I know I will be incredibly grateful to live somewhere with working plumbing where the shower doesn’t back up into the sink every other month…
- Make guacamole like there’s no tomorrow. I am in a full-on guacamole obsession right now and I can promise you that this is not the last time you’ll hear about it.
- Throw a taco bar party. This is my favorite way to host a dinner or celebration, and this summer just might require a taco bar party/housewarming party. Did I mention there will be guacamole? 😉
- Bonfires on the beach. Maybe with all-beef hot dogs and grain-free s’mores? Is that even a thing? Because it should be…
- Wear essential oils. I’m not much of a fragrance person and I usually prefer products that are unscented, but in summer it’s really fun to create a DIY body oil by mixing a few drops of your favorite essential oil with coconut oil. My personal favorite is 3 drops of vanilla essential oil + 3 drops of lavender essential oil + 1/2 cup coconut oil.
- Long evening walks while listening to oldies. Or, listening to the My Favorite Murder podcast when I want to absolutely creep myself out.
- Read every thriller I can get my hands on. Next up on my list? Paula Hawkins, Tana French, and Mary Kubica. My goal is to finish a book every two weeks because come fall, I’m gonna be buckled down reading textbooks. Which brings me to my next item…
- Get ready to start grad school in the fall. I don’t even think I have the words to describe how utterly excited and downright terrified I am to start UW’s HCDE program in a few months. This summer I’ll be registering for classes, attending every UX meetup possible, and, you know, just trying not to freak out. (Deep breath, you got this.)
- Wear bright lipstick. I am currently obsessed with bright magenta lipstick and there’s something wonderful about wearing it that completely changes my mood and gets me in the mood for summer.
- BBQs and lots of summer salads. Bonus points if the salads have avocado and strawberries.
What are you up to this summer? Share in the comments below!2