If you have a sweet tooth and are looking for healthier dessert options, then you’ve come to the right place!
A couple of weeks ago I made a few batches of these sugar-free vanilla cashew fat bombs for an event at my partner’s office. I heard through the grapevine that people loved them (yay!!) and they have since become a staple in my kitchen. They remind me of white chocolate, especially when you let them sit at room temp for a couple of minutes as it gives them that melt-in-your-mouth quality. So delicious!
Are you familiar with fat bombs? In case you’re not, let’s start with some basics:
WHAT ARE FAT BOMBS?
Fat bombs are a high-fat, low carb snack that are a fabulous way to get more good fats into your diet and help to curb hunger and cravings.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- These fat bombs can help with low energy, sleep issues, and weight loss.
- They’re a satisfying and sugar-free way to ease a food craving!
- They’re sweet and absolutely delicious – but won’t cause a blood sugar crash afterward!
Plus, they’re super easy to make! Check it out:
These sugar-free vanilla cashew fat bombs only need 4 ingredients:
Coconut oil: I used coconut oil as the base for these fat bombs since coconut oil is a natural energy source since it contains MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), which are the “good fats” that the body uses to create energy.
Cashews: Cashews add the “creamy” factor to this recipe, along with a bit of protein.
Vanilla stevia drops: A great way to add a touch of sweetness without any added sugar!
Vanilla bean: This recipe is amazing with the seeds from a real vanilla bean, but you can also try substituting 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
Candy Mold (optional): It’s completely optional to use a candy mold, but I prefer to use one since then I know exactly how much is in each one and they’re pre-portioned. Another option is to use cupcake liners in a muffin tin, or simply line a small baking dish with parchment paper and then cut the bombs into individual portions once the coconut oil has become chilled and solid.
Note: if you haven’t made my cacao coconut fat bombs yet, then you should put those on your list too! 😉
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 5 - 15 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- 1 vanilla bean
- Add the cashews, coconut oil, and stevia to a food processor.
- Slice open the vanilla bean pod, scoop out the seeds, and add to the food processor.
- Pour into individual molds (or into a baking dish lined with parchment paper).
- Let harden in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until solid. Pop the fat bombs out of the molds, or if using a baking dish, cut into 20 portions.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for several months.