Is there anything better than creamy ice cream on a hot summer day?
I’ll be honest: I have a weakness for sweet treats. And in the middle of summer? Nothing beats a good ice cream.
That’s why this week I decided it was time to whip up a batch of this incredible sugar-free mocha ice cream!
Here’s what I love about it:
- It’s completely vegan and gets its creamy goodness from coconut cream.
- This ice cream is sugar-free and is sweetened naturally with stevia. That means you can enjoy it without worrying about blood sugar spikes/crashes and cravings!
- This mocha ice cream doesn’t have any caffeine! Instead of using espresso or decaf coffee, I opted for teeccino, which is a delicious coffee alternative that’s completely caffeine free and low acid!
- Plus, you don’t even need an ice cream maker!!
So let’s make ice cream!
BTW, have you tried teeccino before? If you haven’t, you definitely should! Teeccino is one of my favorite beverages because it tastes just like coffee, but doesn’t have any of the caffeine!!
Since I’ve been trying to reduce my caffeine intake this year, teeccino has been one of my favorite go-to’s when I am craving coffee or just want a delicious beverage. Plus, their new dandelion blends are gluten-free! My faves are their Dandelion Caramel Nut (which I used in this recipe) and their Dandelion Mocha Mint. You can check out their website here or find teeccino on Amazon.com.
I love this sugar-free mocha ice cream because it’s entirely sugar-free, which means I can enjoy it without the blood sugar crash! For this recipe, I used NuNaturals vanilla stevia to sweeten the ice cream and Lily’s baking chips in place of regular chocolate chips since they’re sweetened with stevia. If you prefer not to use stevia in this recipe, you can use coconut sugar, maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice.
This recipe doesn’t require an ice cream maker, but you will need a blender and food processor to create a creamy texture. The mixture is initially frozen in ice cream trays and then processed into a soft serve-like texture with a food processor.
If you want a firmer and more ice cream-like texture, then add the mixture to a baking dish or loaf pan and freeze for an additional hour, or until firm. Then scoop and serve! Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ground teeccino
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 14-oz can coconut cream
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 25 drops liquid stevia
- ½ cup (stevia-sweetened) chocolate chips
- First, brew the teeccino by bringing the one cup of water to a boil, then pour over the ground teeccino in a French press or tea pot. Let steep for 3 minutes.
- Add the ice to a large mug and then pour the brewed teeccino over the ice to cool.
- Next, add the brewed teeccino, coconut cream, cacao powder, and stevia to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, then pour mixture into an ice cube tray. Freeze for 3 - 4 hours, or until mixture is frozen.
- Add frozen ice cubes to a food processor and process, scraping down the sides as necessary, until the mixture resembles the texture of soft serve.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Either enjoy immediately, or to create a firmer ice cream texture, add this mixture to a small baking dish or loaf pan and freeze for 1 hour, or until mixture is firm and resembles the texture of ice cream.
- Scoop and enjoy immediately!