You know those times when you really need a chocolate fix? Perhaps while curled up on your couch on a Friday evening? Even better if you’re wearing your PJs while watching Harry Potter? (I mean, is this not what other adults do on their Fridays? 😉)
Regardless of the situation, this Sugar-Free Chocolate Chia Pudding is a must. It is quite possibly the easiest dessert you could ever make (if you can open a can and mix things in a bowl, you got this!) and the hardest part is being patient and giving it time to sit in the refrigerator to thicken.
It also keeps well for a few days so if I were you, I’d make this on a Thursday evening in preparation for an awesome weekend treat. Your future self will thank you!
Here’s what makes this recipe awesome:
- It’s completely sugar-free and low in carbohydrates, but high in fat. This means that you can indulge in something sweet without causing your blood sugar to spike or crash – which is especially helpful if you already struggle with blood sugar issues like I do. Plus, since the fat is satiating, it helps to curb your sugar craving without leaving you wanting more.
- When I said this was the easiest dessert ever, I totally meant it. It takes about 5 minutes to mix and assemble these, then it’s just a matter of waiting for the pudding to thicken in the fridge. Low effort + delicious results = awesome
- And, I also love using these amazing sugar-free dark chocolate chips! I found these at Whole Foods a few years ago and have been obsessed with them ever since. They’re vegan, non-GMO, and if you don’t have a Whole Foods nearby you, you can also find them online here.
- 1 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 10 - 15 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- ¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Add coconut milk, water, cacao powder, and chia seeds to a mixing bowl. Whisk until chia seeds are well-incorporated and there are no clumps. Add 10 - 15 drops of stevia (or to taste), and whisk again.
- Divide coconut milk mixture between 4 glasses or containers. Store in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours, until thickened.
- Top with chocolate chips and enjoy!