Sometimes, on a hot day in the middle of summer, a gal just needs some ice cream.
And, when it comes to ice cream, I can get a bit picky.
Luckily for me, this homemade sugar-free chocolate cherry chunk ice cream fulfills all my requirements!
- There’s no refined sugar and no added sugar at all since it’s sweetened with stevia!
- It’s rich, thick, and creamy, but is completely dairy-free and entirely vegan and paleo!
- This ice cream is loaded with antioxidants from cherries!
- And, of course, it has chocolate! In addition to cacao powder, I used NuNaturals NuStevia Cocoa Syrup and Lily’s Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips to add extra chocolate, but since they’re sweetened with stevia, there’s no added sugar!
And, the best part: you don’t need an ice cream maker for this recipe!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your blender and let’s get started!
This Sugar-Free Chocolate Cherry Chunk Ice Cream recipe is awesome as is, but there are also quite a few ways to adapt it:
- No coconut cream? Substitute full-fat canned coconut milk instead.
- Don’t want to use stevia? No problem! Use maple syrup or a natural sweetener of your choice instead.
- If you want even more cherry chunks in your ice cream, you can chop both cups of cherries instead of blending one into the mixture.
- Don’t like cherries? No worries! Substitute raspberries or a fruit of your choice instead.
- Want even more chocolate? Add more chocolate chips!
- You can also add other mix-in’s like coconut flakes or nuts if desired.
- 2 cups (pitted) cherries, divided
- 1 14-oz can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon NuNaturals NuStevia Cocoa Syrup (or use stevia of choice to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (stevia-sweetened) chocolate chips
- Add 1 cup of cherries to a blender, along with the coconut cream, NuNaturals NuStevia Cocoa Syrup, and cacao powder.
- Blend until smooth, then pour mixture into loaf pan or small baking dish.
- Chop the other cup of cherries and stir into the mixture, along with the chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then stir the mixture. Freeze for an additional 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until ice cream reaches desired texture.
- Scoop and enjoy immediately!