I think I am quite possibly the only person that can go to a yoga class, have an hour-long zen and centered experience, and then promptly upon leaving have an utter and complete meltdown about the world at 8 am on a Thursday. Yowsa.
There’s only one thing you can do in this situation. You have to do some deep breathing, wipe the smeared mascara off your face, and eat these spicy zucchini tacos for lunch. Tacos make it better, I promise. And these ones sure won’t let you down.
These tacos are a great way to use up the last of your summer zucchini and tomatoes. I love the mix of the spicy zucchini with the cooling tomatoes and avocado. If you want a heartier meal, these are perfect with some marinated tempeh. And if you don’t have tortillas for wrapping, sauteed spicy zucchini and fresh tomato also make the perfect stand-alone salad.
Spicy Zucchini and Tomato Tacos
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- freshly-ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium (or 12 small) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, de-stremmed and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, skinned, and sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, paprika, oregano, and chili powder. Saute for 5 minutes, flipping zucchini, until both sides are evenly browned. Add red chili pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Distribute zucchini evenly among the tortillas. Top with fresh tomato slices, cilantro, avocado slices, and red onion slices. Serve immediately.
You may also like...
Sign Up For Weekly Updates