Are you ready for the laziest dinner ever? This slow cooker brisket is my absolute favorite thing to throw into my crock pot for an easy meal.
Lately I’ve been trying to create more consistency around dinners to make the planning and prep work easier on myself so this slow cooker brisket become my Sunday go-to.
On Sunday morning when I’m starting the batch cooking for the week, I’ll throw this into the slow cooker so that I don’t have to work about dinner. And, since this recipe yields multiple servings, it’s a win-win because then we can enjoy leftovers and I don’t have to worry about dinner for a few days!
The only other thing that you’ll need besides a slow cooker is grass-fed brisket, of course! This is where I have to give a shout-out to my friends at Butcher Box, where I get all of our grassfed beef. I’m absolutely in love with the quality of all of their meats and you seriously can’t beat the price! (Plus, it’s delivered straight to your door!) If you’re looking for an affordable source of grassfed beef, pork, or organic chicken, I can’t recommend them enough. You can get more info about their meats here.
So, grab your slow cooker and brisket and let’s make dinner!
I think this slow cooker brisket is even better when made ahead of time because once it chills overnight, the excess fat will harden so you can scrape it away, but the leftovers will still retain all the flavor! It’s also super easy to reheat the brisket and I love to serve it with a side of homemade beans (sub cauliflower rice for a grain-free option) and roasted cabbage! Yuuuummmm!
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2.5 pounds grassfed beef brisket
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1.5 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add the safflower oil to a large pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat the brisket dry and season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Sear the brisket until a golden brown crust appears on both sides of the meat. Place brisket in the slow cooker.
- Add the tomato paste, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, brown mustard, garlic cloves, and liquid smoke (if using) to the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the brisket is very tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until using.