You know those days when you just want to enjoy a nice flaky, buttery biscuit with a cup of tea? Or, maybe it’s just me because I’ve been watching The Great British Baking Show non-stop…Sigh.
This show is a bit dangerous for me since I:
a) Don’t really bake
b) Don’t use dairy in my cooking
c) Focus on grain-free/low-carb recipes
However, there are times when a craving for a biscuit is just too much to ignore so you have to get creative! And that’s how these grain-free rosemary cauliflower biscuits were born!
On your mark… get set… bake!
Here’s why these grain-free rosemary cauliflower biscuits are the best thing to ever come out of your oven:
- They’re low carb (11.5 grams of carbohydrates) and loaded with protein (7.5 grams of protein)
- These biscuits are full of fiber and give you a full serving of veggies (5.2 grams of fiber, for a total of 6.3 grams of net carbs)
- The recipe doubles well so you can easily make more if you’re serving a crowd (this recipe is definitely a crowd-pleaser!)
- There are only 5 ingredients (plus sea salt) and chances are that you already have them in your kitchen!
The key to making these grain-free rosemary cauliflower biscuits nice and crispy is to get as much liquid out of the cauliflower as possible by wringing the cooked cauliflower in a clean dish towel. (You can see a full picture tutorial on how to do this in my cauliflower pizza crust recipe here.) Just make sure that you’ve given the cauliflower enough time to cool down before wringing it out so you don’t burn your hands! 😉
These grain-free biscuits are just begging to be topped with your favorite grass-fed butter, non-dairy butter, a dollop of coconut oil, or slathered with cashew cheese. I also think a nice low-sugar jam would be delicious on these and would compliment the rosemary well!
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the cauliflower (in batches if necessary) to your food processor and pulse, until cauliflower resembles a rice-like texture.
- Microwave or steam the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Add to a fine-mesh strainer and let sit for 10 minutes. (This gives it time to drain and cool down.)
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a clean thin dishtowel, wrap it up, and then squeeze all the excess moisture out. Continue squeezing until you can no longer get any liquid from the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl with the almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, rosemary, and sea salt. Mix very well until ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into four balls and then form them into the shape of a biscuit.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm!