Ladies (and Gentlemen),
It’s time we had a chat about skin. And specifically, skincare.
With cold weather season upon us, some of us (like me!) have to work harder to take good care of our skin. After all, our skin is our body’s largest organ.
My skin tends to be on the dry side so several years ago I traded in my old tea tree face cleanser for The Oil Cleansing Method. Let me tell you: this method works for a variety of skin types, but if you have dry skin, this will make a world of difference and your skin will glow like never before! However, even with using the OCM, my skin still tends to get dry and tight during winter so I wanted to find a way to moisturize my skin and I’ve also been noticing some fine lines starting on my forehead so I was looking for a solution that would help with both.
Soapwalla is the creation of Rachel Winard, who started making skincare products in her Brooklyn apartment kitchen after she was diagnosed with systemic lupus. She left the corporate world to study aromatherapy and the therapeutic properties of essential oils. I’m pretty grateful for her because this serum is amazing and it’s always nice to be able to trust the ingredients in the products that you put on your skin. Rachel was kind enough to let me try a bottle to review and I’m now a believer.
Soapwalla’s Restorative Face Serum:
- is 100% vegan and suitable for even the most sensitive skin.
- is made with the highest quality organic and food-grade ingredients (never questionable additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens or harsh and synthetic ingredients).
- visibly reduces fine lines and redness.
- is nourishing for all skin types and ideal for mature and sensitive skin, particularly for those with eczema and psoriasis.
And, check out these awesome ingredients:
- Rosehip seed oil, which is rich in Vitamin A, essential fatty acids, linoleic and linolenic acids, and Vitamin E, all of which reduce pore size, diminish the effects of skin aging and result in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasticity.
- Carrot seed essential oil removes toxins from the skin, giving it a fresher and firmer appearance.
- Evening Primrose Oil is a rich source of gamma linoleic acid, an Omega 6 fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects.
- Sweet almond, apricot kernel and sea buckthorn oils replenish the skin’s moisture and alleviate eczema, rosacea and sensitive skin rashes.
Since my skin is pretty dry I use a half dropper of the serum every night before bed and it absorbs quickly onto the skin and doesn’t leave a greasy residue on my pillow. I started using this a month ago and within a day or two, I swear that this helped with some of the fine lines I was noticing around my forehead. It also smells heavenly and has done a fantastic job of keeping my skin moist. I now only use lotion about once a week, which is pretty incredible because this time last year I was using lotion on my face twice a day!
I’ve been bragging to all my friends about this “miracle in a bottle” so I thought you’d like to know about it as well. You can check it out on Rachel’s website and she also has some of her products available through Spirit Beauty Lounge.
What beauty products and brands are you loving right now? Leave a comment below!