Make your frosting by using soaked cashews, dates, lemon juice, vanilla stevia, and a touch of sea salt.
- ½ cup cashews, soaked 1+ hours
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 10 drops liquid vanilla stevia, or to taste (I used NuNaturals brand)
- Dash sea salt
- Water (start with 2 tablespoons and work your way up as needed. The soaking time of the cashews will determine how much water you actually need)
- Drain the cashews and place in a food processor with the dates, lemon juice, coconut flakes, stevia, and sea salt. Add 2 tablespoons of water and begin to process. The soaking time of the cashews will determine how much water you need. Add more water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Remove carrot cakes from fridge and frost!
- 1 cup raw walnuts, almonds, or macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 cup grated raw carrots
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup raisins
- Process the nuts and dates in a food processor (with the S blade) until it is well-incorporated. Wrap the carrots in a paper towel and squeeze out any excess liquid (you can also substitute carrot pulp from a juicer and skip this step). Add the carrots, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and ginger to the food processor. Process until the mix is a smooth "dough." Add the raisins and pulse to combine. Stuff the carrot cake dough into muffin tins and refrigerate for about an hour.