Have you ever wondered who purchases those herbal neck wraps, blue eye masks, or foot massagers at Bed, Bath and Beyond? Tonight I was reorganizing my bathroom cabinet and that is when I realized it: It’s me. I’m single-handedly the one keeping those personal care companies in business.
I will happily get rid of extra candles and picture frames.
I don’t need a ton of clothes or different pairs of shoes.
But, ain’t nobody taking away my neck wrap, neck pillow, acupressure mat, hot water bottle, skin conditioning gloves, or sleep mask. Seriously. My bathroom cabinet looks like a cross between products that were purchased out of SkyMall magazine or some crazy TV infomercial. And truthfully, that’s probably where some of them came from.
Now that we got that out of the way and I have publicly shared how strange I am, it’s time to talk about normal things. How about we start with dinner?
Dinner was inspired by a fresh pineapple (the same pineapple that inspired these fabulous spritzers!) and chicken. This recipe comes together quickly and was my solution for a busy weeknight when, in all honesty, I did not feel like cooking. If you’re in this boat too, I think you’ll enjoy this dish.
If you’re trying to avoid extra sugar, feel free to leave out the honey. It adds just a touch of sweetness and balances the vinegar and salt from the coconut aminos. If you do not have coconut aminos, you can substitute Braggs liquid aminos, but since Braggs is much saltier, I would recommend using 2 tablespoons Braggs and 2 tablespoons water to make the 1/4 cup of liquid.
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 4 medium organic chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and honey (if using). Add chicken to a baking dish and pour the mixture over. Top with pineapple slices.
- Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Top with onions and black pepper before serving.