How’s fall treating you so far?
For me, it seems like time is moving waaay to quickly and there’s never enough time to get all the things done. Can you relate? 😉
Well, since talking about to-do’s is boring, let’s talk about easy and delicious dinners instead!
This Paleo Spicy Korean Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice is one of my go-to favorite recipes in fall and winter when the days are cold and dreary. When I was working on the second edition of my digital cookbook, A Year of Cauliflower Rice, I decided this dish would be a perfect addition to the winter section.
In case you’re not familiar with cauliflower “rice,” here’s the scoop: Cauliflower “rice” is just cauliflower that’s been grated to look like rice! You can use it in a million different ways and it’s a great way to add fiber and heartiness to meals! Cauliflower rice has been one of my favorite additions to meals to make them still feel hearty and filling, but without the processed grains and carbohydrates!
Since we’re on the subject of cauliflower rice, I also wanted to take a minute to mention that if some of your goals are to:
- Stabilize your blood sugar
- Have more energy
- Make peace with sugar cravings
- Create a leaner body
- Reduce inflammation
- Remove grains and/or reduce carbohydrates in your diet
Then you should check out A Year of Cauliflower Rice! In this digital cookbook, you’ll find 65 unique cauliflower rice recipes to help you look and feel your best while eating real food. It’s especially helpful for this time of year if you’re craving comfort food because this cookbook is packed with healthier, low-carb alternatives to your favorite dishes!
So, grab your cauliflower rice and let’s get cooking!
This Paleo Spicy Korean Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice is perfect for busy weeknights since it’s a one-pan meal. It also keeps well so I like to make a big batch of this that will last us for a few days to have dinner ready to go!
I personally love the combination of the spicy ginger and red pepper flakes with the slightly sweet coconut aminos, but if you’re not a fan of spicy foods, feel free to omit the red pepper flakes and season it to your liking!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups raw cauliflower rice
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed
- Add one tablespoon of the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onions, and garlic and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, or until beef is well-browned.
- While the beef is cooking, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to a medium pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice. Sauté for 7 - 10 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is tender. Set aside.
- Once beef is cooked, drain off any fat. Add the ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Sauté beef for an additional minute, then remove from heat. Serve warm over cauliflower rice.