Okay, I know I’m going to sound a little bit like Oprah here (and if you don’t know what I’m talking about, then you need to watch this commercial), but can I just tell you about how much I love bread? Seriously.
If bread did not make my body feel like complete crud, you would probably find me eating a turkey BLT on a piece of lightly-toasted sourdough right now… sigh… But, since that’s not the case, a girl’s gotta find other options.
Enter this paleo egg and veggie wrap. I’ve been craving breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos lately so I decided to it was time to create a savory breakfast option that also satisfied my bread-craving. This paleo egg and veggie wrap is gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, sugar-free, and works perfectly for a variety of diets.
The wrap is made of a few simple ingredients: coconut flour, egg, almond milk, granulated garlic, and salt. Since there’s no gluten to bind it, the wrap is a bit delicate compared to a typical wrap, but it still satisfies a bread craving!
- Feel free to mix up the scramble ingredients as desired! Veggies like mushrooms and arugula (or other favorites) work great in this scramble, or you can add crumbled sausage or bacon to make it even heartier.
- This recipe is low-sugar and low in carbohydrates (but high in fat and protein), making it a great recipe for those following a paleo or keto diet, as well as those with blood sugar issues.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, diced
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Start by making the egg and veggie scramble.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Saute bell peppers for 2 - 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs. Add egg mixture to bell peppers; stir in tomatoes, onions, and spinach. Cook until eggs are set, mixing with a spatula as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To make the wrap, combine the eggs, coconut flour, almond milk, salt, and granulated garlic in a mixing bowl. Let sit for about 2 minutes to thicken, then wipe out the skillet or pan, add the coconut oil, and heat the pan over medium heat.
- Add about half of the mixture and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until batter is set and edges are cooked enough that you can turn the wrap over. Cook the other side for about 1 - 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the wraps, divide the scrambled egg and veggie mixture between the two wraps and serve immediately!