Can you believe it’s October already?! Geeze…
Right now my life can be summed up by this: reading, reading, having a mini panic attack over my to-do list, yoga, class, reading.
Last week was the first week of my graduate program (human-centered design and engineering if you’re curious) and it’s definitely taken me a few days to adjust to being a student again. Thankfully I’m feeling like I’m starting to get my footing and that’s where these Paleo Breakfast Cookies come in.
Technically I haven’t eaten one of these for breakfast (yet), but they’re full of so many awesome things that I wouldn’t feel guilty if I did. These cookies have been my afternoon snack all week and they have been a serious lifesaver on days when I have a class that runs until 10 pm (why? why?!)
These paleo breakfast cookies are:
- Full of protein from eggs, hemp seeds, and collagen peptides! (BTW – have you entered my collagen giveaway yet? Be sure to do it before Oct 15th!)
- Loaded with healthy fats from coconut oil that helps to satiate you and prevent blood sugar crashes.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids from hemp seeds and walnuts
- Completely grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar
- Nutty and chewy (gotta love the combination of almond flour with carrots, coconut, and walnuts!)
Plus, they’re easy to make! Seriously… if I can make these, you can too! 😉
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ cup collagen peptides
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- ½ cup (unsweetened) shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Additional walnuts and/or shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Mix well, then add in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet using non-stick spray or a dab of coconut oil. Divide the dough into twelve balls and place onto the baking sheet. Slightly flatten the dough with your hand. Add additional walnuts or shredded coconut on top (optional).
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.