Is there anything more delicious than a hearty egg dish?
How about a hearty egg dish that can be made in a single skillet with minimal prep time and clean-up time? Hello one-pan eggs with tomatoes and bell peppers!
This simple dish combines the best seasonal produce (bell peppers, tomatoes, greens, and herbs) with local eggs. It’s been my favorite breakfast and brunch in recent weeks, but it also works well as an easy weeknight dinner. You’ll definitely want to bookmark this recipe for the long weekend coming up!
This dish pairs well with a bed of arugula and a simple cup of coffee or tea. I also really love it served with this spiralized sweet potato hash or these yummy homemade breakfast sausages for a heartier meal. And, since fall is right around the corner, you could always treat yourself to a batch of these delicious grain-free pumpkin spice muffins!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy eggs? Leave a comment below!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced (about 1½ cups) OR one (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cage-free eggs
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup basil, chiffonade
- Add the oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until onions have just started to soften.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and tomatoes and mix well. Let simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, then, using a wooden spoon, create 4 pockets in the tomato mixture and crack the eggs into them.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for about a minute, or just until eggs have set.
- Divide arugula between two plates and top with the eggs.
- Season with salt, pepper, and basil. Enjoy immediately.