Can I let you in on a little secret?
Okay, here it is: everyone loves guacamole. No, really, think about it: do you know anyone who doesn’t love guacamole?
No, that’s because EVERYONE loves guacamole! 😉
I’ve been making batches of guacamole for my lunches for months now and finally had the epiphany this week that I had to share it with you because guacamole is perfect for entertaining!
Here’s what I love about it:
- It’s super easy to make and sooo versatile! It’s practically impossible to mess it up! (Unless you add too much salt… so, don’t do that! 😉 )
- Everyone loves it so you know it will be a big hit!
- It works well for a variety of diets. I mean, I’ve never met someone who couldn’t eat guacamole!
- It’s full of healthy fats and is filling.
So, here’s my recommendation for the season: if you’re throwing a holiday party or just looking for healthy snacks and crowd-pleasing appetizers, make guacamole!
I’ve included my standard guacamole recipe below, but my favorite thing about guacamole is how easy it is to spice up!
If you’re throwing a party, I personally like to make a batch of “regular” guacamole (recipe below) and then make a second batch with one (or more!) of these variations:
- Add fresh tomatoes or salsa
- Add crispy bacon
- Add diced jalapeno (for spiciness)
- Add caramelized onions (for sweetness)
- Add pepitas (for crunch)
- Add roasted garlic
- Add roasted bell peppers (adds a nice sweetness and color)
- Add chopped spinach
- Add nutritional yeast (to create a “cheesy” flavor)
Be sure to serve your guacamole with a variety of fresh veggies for dipping!
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Remove flesh from the avocados and add to a large mixing bowl. Mash well, then combine with the other ingredients and refrigerate until serving.