As much as I love my body there are times when it feels particularly challenging to be female.
I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of some health challenges for a bit and while I’m still not sure of the root causes (thyroid issues? adrenal glands? too much/too little estrogen? some combination of too much stress/not enough quality sleep?) the best way I’ve found to take care of my body in the meantime is to, of course, focus on nutrition.
I’m a big fan of smoothies so it only makes sense to use a simple smoothie as a way to get a ton of extra nutrients into your diet!
The one thing I will say about smoothies, however, is that a lot of smoothie recipes use several servings of high-sugar fruits (e.g. bananas, mangos, etc) in one serving of a smoothie. I have no problem with folks who enjoy fruit or like sweet smoothies as a treat, but I know for my body and blood sugar that a daily high-sugar smoothie wouldn’t work for me. This is exactly why I developed this Sugar-Free Green Smoothie for Hormone Balance!
If you’re looking for a healthy snack that will help to bring your body back into balance, assist with food cravings, and keep you full in-between meals then look no further!
This smoothie is loaded with these superfoods:
- Maca powder: supports the body’s endocrine system to naturally balance hormones. Maca provides a nice energy boost (without caffeine) and can help with chronic fatigue and low libido. Maca is the perfect addition to this smoothie because it adds a sweet, malty taste without any added sugars!
- Raw cacao powder: gives our smoothie a delicious chocolate kick while also adding important antioxidants and minerals (like magnesium and iron) that are especially beneficial for women’s health.
- Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement: helps ease a variety of conditions, including PMS symptoms, fatigue, stress, anxiety, headaches, and musculoskeletal conditions (e.g. fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cramps, etc).
- Avocado: this creamy superfood is loaded with healthy fats, fiber, magnesium, and potassium which helps to balance hormones naturally.
- Spinach: rich in vitamins, minerals, and chlorophyll.
- Cashews: full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Hemp Seeds: high in Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, fiber, and a complete protein.
What’s your favorite superfood smoothie?
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ¼ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon Natural Calm original flavor
- 1 cup ice
- 5 - 10 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- Add water, cashews, and spinach to a blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smoothie. Enjoy immediately.