I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about transitions lately.
I’m currently in one of those places in my life where a lot of change is happening, and even though these life changes are intentional, it all feels like it’s happening so fast.
When I find myself feeling this way, I try to slow down and be present in the now as much as possible. After all, all we really have is this moment right here and now…
As we’re moving into spring and the seasons are changing, I’ve also found my body’s cravings changing. Instead of craving hearty soups and crockpot meals, I find myself wanting seafood, salads, and zesty dressings with lemon.
And, if your life is feeling like it’s all moving too fast, then I think we should both just slow down for a moment and enjoy this simple garlic and lemon salmon. 😉
This simple garlic and lemon salmon is such an easy weeknight dinner! It pairs well with any side of roasted vegetables or a simple side salad, plus, you can always make a double batch and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.
I also love that this recipe is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, high in protein, and low in carbohydrates – making it perfect for anyone looking for an anti-inflammatory, healthy meal!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pound salmon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes, until lemon juice is reduced and garlic is fragrant.
- Cover a baking sheet with a large piece of foil (enough to also fold over and cover the salmon). Lay the salmon on the foil, then spoon the lemon and garlic sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap the salmon and cover with the foil. Bake for 13 - 15 minutes, until salmon reaches desired texture. If a firmer texture is desired, turn the oven to broil and broil for 2 - 3 minutes, until top is lightly browned.