And here we are again at the start of another busy week! Today I’m really excited to share a few different things with you so this will be a jam-packed post!
1. I want to tell you about an awesome company called HelloFresh who delivers healthy meal options for quick and easy dinners (yes!)
2. You can enter to win a pack of Fruit.0 Organic Fruit Snacks (yum!)
3. And I’ll be sharing this recipe for mango glazed chicken (yum yum!)
Here we go!
A few weeks ago I was contacted by HelloFresh and Fruit.0 and asked if I would partner with them to do a review. After doing some research, I was really intrigued because with my recent schedule changes, I’ve been thinking about ways to cut down time in the kitchen while still being able to eat healthy. Being able to try out a home delivery service like HelloFresh for a week was a dream come true!
HelloFresh specializes in delivering fresh ingredients and great recipes to your home each week, which allows you to quickly cook and eat healthy meals created by nutritionists and chefs. You can read more about their philosophy here. (Note: I was fortunate to be able to try their service for a review, but they don’t currently deliver to the Seattle area. Check out their delivery area here.)
Each box comes with 3 recipes and all the ingredients necessary to put the meals together. They have two different options for boxes so you can pick the Omnivore Box or the Veggie Box depending on your preferences. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to quickly make and assemble these recipes and not having to do the grocery shopping, recipe planning, or worry about prep made it so easy to get a healthy meal on the table during a really stressful week.
Here are some photos of one of their boxes:
(Note: they come with ice packs so there is no concern about food safety during transport)
Overall, here were the pro’s I found:
- Delivered straight to my door!
- Made it super easy to eat healthy during the week without worrying about groceries or planning meals!
- Loved trying some new recipes that I wouldn’t normally make!
- Pretty affordable service – especially if you’re someone who would usually turn to takeout! (they don’t charge for delivery!)
The one con I found is that if you have special dietary needs (e.g. eat a very strict paleo diet or have specific food allergies), this might not be the best fit. However, you can see the recipes and ingredients before you order each box and there isn’t an obligation or minimum so you could cancel if there was a meal you were not able to eat.
I usually avoid eating grains and I found that I was able to adapt the recipes to suit my needs. There was one recipe in the box that called for rice and I was able to eat my meal on a bed of greens instead. Overall, I was really pleased with HelloFresh and would definitely recommend it for busy families.
And now for Part 2 of this post!
The week that I was partnering with HelloFresh, they were also working with a company called Fruit.0 so I was able to try out their snacks as well. Fruit.0 is a premium organic fruit snack available in two varieties: mango, pear, pineapple and banana, blueberry, blackberry. There is no added sugar, artificial flavors/colors or other ingredients.
Here’s what I really liked about Fruit.0:
1. It was absolutely delicious. I won’t lie: I ate two packets of the mango flavor immediately upon receiving it.
2. It is really convenient to take on-the-go and I love that it’s organic without any other ingredients (just fresh fruit).
3. This seems like a perfect snack for kids and families. When I used to do food education with children and parents, I’d often get asked suggestions for healthy snacks that are easy to transport. If you’re looking for a healthy snack options for kids, I’d definitely recommend this. (That being said, one of the big downfalls of convenience is often packaging. It’s a bit of a bummer that this creates more waste, especially when fruit is usually compostable. I think the key with this, as with any product that comes in packaging, is to be environmentally conscious and make the best decisions we can.)
I hope you’re excited to try these snacks and be sure to scroll down to enter the giveaway!
The week that I got to try the HelloFresh box, Fruit.0 was incorporated into the recipe. I have a hard time following recipes exactly so I created my own adaptation and am excited to share this version with you here. The original recipe called for serving this over a bed of rice (which my dinner companion greatly enjoyed!), but I enjoyed this over a bed of spinach with a side of steamed broccoli. This recipe is definitely one of my new favorites and it’s so quick and easy to prepare you can enjoy it any night of the week!
- 1 Fruit.0 Mango-Pear-Pineapple Pouch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix Fruit.0 with chili powder, minced garlic, and sea salt.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spoon the mango glaze over the chicken and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached at least 165 degrees.
- Top chicken breasts with cilantro, chives, and freshly-ground black pepper. Serve hot, with your choice of sides.
And don’t forget to enter to win a box of Fruit.0 Fruit Snacks here!
Due to shipping, this giveaway is only available for US residents (sorry to my international readers!) and you must be 18 or older to enter. Please use the rafflecopter below to enter to win. Good luck!
- Get your FREE Handy Guide To Produce to jumpstart your cooking!
- FREE weekly recipes & healthy living tips!
- PLUS discounts & giveaways on health & wellness goodies!