Alright Taylor Swift, you finally did it. You converted me.
I couldn’t stand 22. I resisted Blank Spice. You almost had me at Style, but I was still so annoyed from Shake It Off that I had to change the radio station every time I heard it.
But Wildest Dreams? Fine. I’ll admit it: it’s totally been stuck in my head all day.
And I might even listen to it by choice… Sigh, so I guess this means… you finally win.
Well now that I’ve lost that battle, it’s time to talk about more important things like food.
This week I’m keeping things simple with this Easy Roasted Summer Vegetable Salad. The prep is minimal and I bet that you have most of these things on hand anyway. After all, zucchini never goes out of style… (wink)
Quite honestly, one of the things I love most about this salad is that I can pile it on my plate and eat as much as I want. Whether you’re looking for a healthier side dish, trying to cut down on carbs/gluten/grains or just get more seasonal veggies in your diet, this one’s a winner!
Psst: Don’t forget – there are only a few days left to get the 30% discount on my cookbooks! If you want to have more energy, create a leaner body, AND still enjoy delicious food, you’ll love these recipes! Be sure to use the code Sonnet30 at checkout. Get all the cookbook details here.
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1.5 pounds), chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- Place zucchini, bell pepper, and onions on a baking sheet and toss with the coconut oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Toss with the cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, or chill in the refrigerator and serve cold.