A few weeks ago when I was playing around with making this sugar-free chocolate chia pudding, I got the idea of using chia seeds to make a quick jam. Since I am too lazy/impatient to make a real jam with pectin, this seemed like a huge win. Plus, this version doesn’t contain any added sugar and instead uses a few drops of vanilla stevia for added sweetness.
BTW, can we talk about how amazing chia seeds are?!
In case you’re not familiar, chia seeds are small purple-gray seeds that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants. Plus, the coolest part (if you ask me), is that chia seeds form a thick gel when soaked in liquid. This makes them perfect for puddings, smoothies, and a variety of drinks.
Here are some of my favorite chia recipes:
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Smoothie
- Green Tea and Chia Energy Drink
- Chia Agua Fresca
- Raw Chocolate Superfood Pudding
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to make this easy no-sugar-added berry jam!
This easy no-sugar-added berry jam can be made with any fresh or frozen berries so feel free to use what you have on hand, or what’s in season.
Note: The jam must be kept in the refrigerator and will last up to a week. If you can’t eat that much jam in a week, you can freeze the jam in an ice cube tray and then defrost servings of it as needed.
- 2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 - 10 liquid vanilla stevia drops
- Add berries and water to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add the chia seeds, then reduce heat and whisk constantly for about 3 - 5 minutes, or until thickened. Add 5 drops of stevia (or more to taste).
- Store the jam in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.