Are you tired of sore muscles? Achy joints? How about chronic pain from an old injury? If so, this DIY Pain Relief Balm just might change your world. 😉
It’s a pretty common joke amongst my friends that I’m always suffering from some sort of phyical ailment. At the moment, I’m dealing with chronic knee pain, a pinched nerve (neuroma) in my foot, and an extremely sore upper body and hamstrings from kettlebell bootcamp.
Awhile back in my quest to find a natural remedy for pain relief, I stumbled upon a product called Recovery Max and instantly fell in love (seriously – this stuff is amazing for sore muscles). However, after going through two containers of it, I decided it was time to try and make my own. After several batches and attempts, I finally settled on this DIY Pain Relief Balm recipe and am so excited to share it with you!
To make this DIY Pain Relief Balm:
Then we add four oils with different benefits:
- Camphor essential oil: Natural decongestant and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rosemary essential oil: Natural remedy for pain relief (including headaches, muscles pains, and arthritis)
- Arnica oil: Used topically to treat sprains, bruises, aches, and muscle pains.
- Lavender essential oil: Lavender has many benefits, especially for pain relief. It relieves sore and tense muscles, sprains, and calms/relaxes the body.
To use: Rub a dab on achy muscles, joints, or anywhere (externally) you’re in need of pain relief.
I’ve been using this nightly to ease knee pain and neck pain. I also use it religiously after a tough workout because it helps my muscles to be less sore the next day.
What are your favorite ways to naturally relieve pain?
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 15 drops camphor essential oil
- 15 drops arnica essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Add coconut oil and beeswax to a double boiler. Heat until melted, then mix well.
- Add camphor, arnica, rosemary, and lavender essential oils and mix well.
- Store in a glass jar out of direct sunlight.
- Use on achy joints and sore muscles as needed.