Is there anything more wonderful than smelling like roses?
How about smelling like honey and roses? 😉
This week I wanted to find a nice, non-food related way to treat myself so I decided to make myself a new beauty product! Hence, this DIY honey rose balm!
This only takes a few minutes to make and is a wonderful gift for yourself, your significant other, or your friends!
Most of us know that honey tastes great and is naturally anti-bacterial, but did you know it’s also helpful for moisturizing the skin? This balm contains a few of my favorite ingredients that are fabulous for getting rid of dry, chapped skin and also smell amazing!
Note: if you don’t like the smell of rose or prefer another scent, you can easily substitute another essential oil of choice or leave it out entirely!
This balm has the consistency of a thick hand cream. If you want your balm to be on the oilier/less thick side, decrease the beeswax, or increase the amount of coconut and/or olive oil. This recipe is very forgiving so if you try an adaptation and don’t like the texture, it’s easy to remelt the balm and add more oil or beeswax if needed.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 15 drops rose essential oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add cocoa butter, beeswax, olive oil, and coconut oil to a double boiler and heat until ingredients are liquified, then mix well. Or, add ingredients to a glass bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until ingredients are liquified, then mix well.
- Mix in the rose essential oil and honey. Transfer to your container and let cool.