They say that life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. So true.
Life is what happens when you are busy loving and worrying about those around you – your family, your friends, your cats, your neighbor’s cats. Life is what happens when you are busy worrying about worrying.
Life is what happens when you are busy making corn and potato soup. Standing in your kitchen, recovering from a long day, and watching the last few bits of daylight fade away.
Life is what happens when you have to take photographs in the middle of your driveway because that is the best spot for natural light this time of year. Life is what happens when you almost get run over by your neighbor because they don’t expect you to be standing in the driveway at twilight.
Life is also what happens when you can’t eat the bread featured in your own photograph because you’re embracing gluten-free-dom. Such is life, but it’s a pretty good one.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbs tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground red chili pepper
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and onion to a pot over medium heat. Saute for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the potatoes, cumin, red chili pepper, and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are just tender. Add the frozen corn and cilantro. Simmer for an additional five minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.