Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with cilantro.
I put it in soups, salads, salad dressings, and even my smoothies and juices. In fact, when tasked with creating a brand of salsa in my high school marketing class, my idea was “Cilantro Sensation.” Yeah, clearly, this girl loves cilantro. 😉
I know not everyone loves cilantro as much as me, however, cilantro has some amazing benefits for the body. In particular, cilantro is great for helping the body detox from heavy metals and it’s also loaded with antioxidants and chlorophyll.
This cilantro detox smoothie combines cilantro with a few other powerhouse ingredients to help detoxify and rejuvenate your body:
- Cucumber: reduces inflammation in the body
- Ginger: aids in digestion and the immune system
- Green apple: rich in fiber
- Spinach: rich in magnesium
- Lemon: reduces inflammation and high in Vitamin C
- Chia seeds: high in omega-3 fats, fiber, and calcium
- Hemp seeds: high in omega-3 fats
So, grab your blender and let’s get to it!
I like this cilantro detox smoothie in the morning, or in the afternoon when I need a pick-me-up after a workout. This smoothie works in collaboration with your body’s natural detoxification processes so please incorporate this into a healthy diet (no need for an all-juice or smoothie cleanse to get the full benefits!)
P.S. I often get asked where I get my straws and you can find them online here. (They’re biodegradable/compostable!)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ green apple
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lemon
- ½-inch piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.