We start by gathering our three favorite ingredients along with a few bananas. Then it’s time for a little chocolate melting. Once you have that under way, slice up a few bananas and then let the dipping begin!
- 1 cup (dairy-free) chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut into slices (1/2-inch to 1-inch thick)
- ⅓ cup dried coconut flakes, crushed (you can also use unsweetened shredded coconut)
- coarse sea salt
- Add chocolate chips and oil to a small pan and gently heat on very low heat. Stir continuously (to prevent the bottom from burning) and remove from heat as soon as the chocoalte is liquified. (You can also use the double boiler method and melt your chocolate in a pot or bowl above boiling water.)
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over a sheet pan. (This makes them easy to put into the freezer). Next, drop your banana slices into the chocolate and coat the banana evenly. Put it on the parchment paper and sprinkle with the crushed coconut flakes and sea salt. Continue until all the banana slices have been dipped and topped with goodies.
- Put the pan in the freezer and let freeze 2 - 3 hours, until frozen. Once the banana bites are frozen, you may serve immediately or transfer them to an airtight container and continue to store in the freezer until you are ready to serve them. They last in the freezer about 2 - 3 weeks.