Holy cow, batman. Today we have to talk about something that has changed my life: these cacao coconut fat bombs!
Seriously. Get your jar (or gallon!) of coconut oil ready because you are going to want to make these ASAP!
Let’s start with some basics:
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are a high-fat, low carb snack that are a fabulous way to get more good fats into your diet and help to curb hunger and cravings.
What are the benefits?
- These coconut fat bombs can help with low energy, sleep issues, digestive issues, and weight loss.
- They’re also a satisfying and sugar-free way to ease a food craving!
See how easy it is!
How to make these cacao coconut fat bombs:
Making these cacao coconut fat bombs could not be any simpler! We start with a few key ingredients and supplies:
Raw cacao powder: Raw cacao powder has no added sugar, and because the cacao beans are processed at low temperatures, this powder is full of antioxidants and minerals (like magnesium and iron) that you would find in the cacao bean.
Coconut oil: I used coconut oil as the base for these fat bombs since coconut oil is a natural energy source since it contains MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), which are the “good fats” that the body uses to create energy.
Vanilla stevia drops: A great way to add a touch of sweetness to this recipe without any added sugar!
Sea salt (optional): I like using coase sea salt as a way to add more minerals and the salt also creates a nice contrast against the oil and stevia, which makes the bombs taste sweeter.
Candy Mold (optional): It’s completely optional to use a candy mold, but I prefer to use one since then I know exactly how much is in each one and they’re pre-portioned. Another option is to use cupcake liners in a muffin tin, or simply line a small baking dish with parchment paper and then cut the bombs into individual portions once the coconut oil has become chilled and solid.
These cacao coconut fat bombs are incredibly satisfying. For the past few weeks I’ve been enjoying one after dinner and have already noticed quite a few benefits:
- They’re absolutely delicious and taste like a candy bar – but without the blood sugar crash afterward!
- I now have absolutely ZERO sugar cravings and I’m seriously not even tempted by real chocolate anymore! (This is huge for me!)
- I’ve started sleeping a little better. Now, I can’t say this is entirely the result of the fat bombs as I’ve started adding some other supplements to my diet for better sleep (more on this in a future post), but I do believe that having a dose of healthy fats before bed has been helping my body get better rest overall.
What are your favorite fat bomb recipes? Leave a comment below!
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 5 - 10 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped (optional)
- Pinch of coarse sea salt (optional)
- Combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, and stevia. Pour into individual molds (or into a baking dish lined with parchment paper), then sprinkle in the almonds and coarse sea salt (if using).
- Let harden in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until solid. Pop the fat bombs out of the molds, or if using a baking dish, cut into 12 portions.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for several months.