I know that everyone else is thinking about holiday shopping, sugary treats, and party appetizers… I know that I’m the only weirdo thinking about broccoli and worrying if you’re getting enough fiber these days, but what can I say? You’ll thank me later? 😉
This bacon roasted broccoli recipe works perfectly as a quick side dish for a weeknight meal, or as a crowd-pleaser at a holiday gathering. Over the years I’ve found that adding bacon is a simple way to get even the pickiest eaters to eat their veggies and this recipe never fails!
- 6 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or bacon fat
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 strips (cooked) bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss broccoli with coconut oil or bacon fat. Add salt and pepper to taste and lay flat on a sheet pan.
- Roast broccoli for 20 - 25 minutes, turning once, until broccoli is crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- Top broccoli with bacon crumbles and serve warm.