I don’t like the fact that summer is ending. However, since there’s nothing I can do to stop time, I’m just going to make the most of it and breathe in the last bit of summer as much as I can.
Most people make summer bucket lists. They fantasize about tropical vacations, days at the beach, and traveling to new and exotic places. But me? Don’t get me wrong, that all sounds fun and wonderful, but what really makes my summer is the food.
Since we’re almost at the end of the season I wanted to share a quick round-up of some of my favorite summer delights. If you haven’t already, now is definitely the time to indulge…
- Need some final inspiration for the grill? These Grilled Rainbow Carrots with Basil Vinaigrette are just the thing for your next cookout.
- If you still have access to cherries, you simply have to roast them. I know it might sound strange at first, but roasting the cherries brings out their natural sweetness and adds a delightful topping to any salad. My favorite is this Mizuna Salad with Roasted Cherries and Balsamic Glaze.
- And it’s just not a summer without zucchini. These zucchini pizza boats have become one of my favorite summer dinners and I know they’re now a household favorite for many of you as well.
- Nothing beats fresh peaches, especially when it comes to creative desserts. One of my personal favorites is transforming donut peaches into “doughnuts” but topping them with a cashew creme glaze. Recipe here: Glazed Donut Peaches with Vanilla Creme
- If you love the combination of fresh tomatoes and cheese, but are trying to stay away from the dairy, then this Zucchini Caprese Salad is just for you. The dairy is replaced with a almond “cheese” that will blow your taste buds away!
- I don’t do a lot of traditional pickling, but I really love the taste of picked vinegar so one of my favorite summer snacks is this Quick Pickled Cauliflower and Fennel. With just a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes, you can have the best tangy, crunchy snack for picnics and summer road trips.
- And if you’re a big ice cream fan like me, you definitely can’t end this summer without this dairy-free Lavender Coconut Ice Cream delight! The best part? You don’t even need an ice cream maker to enjoy it!
What are you favorite recipes from the summer? Share them in the comments below!