There are so many things that I just didn’t understand until I became an adult.
- The stress of daily living. Simply trying to work a full-time job, run a business on the side, take care of two cats, take care of my health, and make time for my partner feels overwhelming most days. (Sidenote: If you have kids, I seriously don’t know how you do it.)
- Why my mom always got annoyed when my brother and I would use her kitchen shears for cutting paper or opening packages. I totally get it now and I’m sorry mom. 😉
- How much time running errands takes up in your week.
- Why the perfect evening is truly reading a book in a bathtub.
- The best ice cream flavors are not always vanilla, chocolate or strawberry.
Here in Seattle we’re really lucky to have a variety of local ice cream shops with exotic flavors, but lately I’ve been on an ice cream kick and have been dreaming up some of my own (like this vegan basil matcha ice cream). My latest creation? Dairy-Free Berry Margarita Ice Cream.
Before we go any further, I should probably clarify that I’m calling this “margarita” flavor ice cream because of the lime zest, lime juice, and touch of sea salt added, but there isn’t any tequila in it. (Of course, that being said, I suppose you could always add tequila to it if you wanted to… after all, adulting is hard and it is summer.)
The best part of this dairy-free ice cream is that you can make it without an ice cream maker! Let me show you how…