I want to start this post with a heartfelt thank you. I’ve been writing this blog for seven and a half years (whoa!) and back in 2010, I had no idea what this little blog would turn into. I cannot even put into words how grateful I feel every day for the amazing people (that’s YOU!) who visit this blog, read my newsletters, try recipes, and leave comments.
One of the best things I’ve ever done was starting this blog and I cannot even tell you how many doors this blog has opened for me professionally. Running and growing a blog is a lot of hard work, and in all honesty, I couldn’t have done it without an awesome resource that I want to share with you called Food Blogger Pro (affiliate link). I was one of the original members to join Food Blogger Pro in 2013 and at that time I shared a post about why I loved it and the results I’d already seen after just 6 months.
When I first started this blog in 2010, there weren’t any resources around to tell you how to start and grow a blog. So, I learned through trial and error. That meant figuring out ads and monetization on my own, pulling my hair out trying to research web hosts and learn SEO, and in all honesty, not getting a lot of traffic or results. Joining Food Blogger Pro in 2013 changed everything for me and if you’re interested in starting a blog or growing your blog and taking it to the next level, I think this resource can really help you too.
What is Food Blogger Pro?
Food Blogger Pro is a website and community dedicated to teaching bloggers how to start and grow a successful food blog with over 300 easy-to-understand video tutorials.
As a Food Blogger Pro member, here are just a few things I’ve learned:
- The best tools for starting a food blog
- How to take beautiful photos with natural and artificial light
- How to increase traffic with easy SEO tips
- How to create and generate income from e-books
- The best way to set up giveaways
- How to optimize your images for the web
- How to back up your site so you don’t lose content
- How to adjust the manual settings on your camera
- How to use Photoshop and Lightroom to enhance your images
- What FTP is and how to use it
I’ve purchased a yearly membership to Food Blogger Pro every year for the past four years and will continue doing so. Here’s why:
- There are always new things to learn and ways to improve. I can definitely say that my photography and this blog has improved over the years, but there’s always room for improvement and it’s so nice to be able to go back and revisit videos I’ve watched before.
- There are new videos and resources constantly being added. Bjork, Lindsay, and the team that run Food Blogger Pro are AMAZING and are always on top of what’s hot in the blogging world. They are constantly adding and updating videos, which makes it so much easier to continue growing my blog. (BTW, I can’t say enough good things about their awesome new series on how to create food videos!)
- The community forum is priceless. Just when I think I have stuff figured out, everything changes and suddenly there’s new trends or laws that need to be followed. Most recently, when Google started penalizing sites for not using “no follow” links, you know what did? Immediately I went to the Food Blogger Pro community forum to hear what other bloggers were doing. I use this community forum weekly and I am so, so grateful for the chance to ask others questions and get help when I need it!
- Food Blogger Pro is the best investment I make in my blog each year because the income I generate as a result easily covers the cost of the membership. I mean it when I say that if they doubled the price of FBP, I’d still be a member. The resources and community support are incredible and I have gotten so much use out of my membership over the past four years!
For all of you who have been considering starting a blog, frustrated with growing your blog, or struggling with monetizing your blog, you need to check out Food Blogger Pro!
And, since they only open membership a couple of times a year, NOW is the time to join! Enrollment is only open from June 20th through the 27th so be sure to sign up here! (And if you opt for the yearly membership, you get a free bonus!)
I hope this resource is as helpful for you and your blog as it has been for me!